The Lehigh Valley Charter High School for the Arts’ unique arts-centered curriculum pairs pre-professional training in the arts with a rigorous core academic program. Students are accepted based only upon their artistic talent and potential. Read the Board Policy regarding Admission of Students. What makes Charter Arts unique, and is a key component in the success of our students, is the arts emphasis within the curriculum.
Charter Arts has created a culture of high achievement across all art and core disciplines. Our creative students think and learn differently. Charter Arts is a regional charter high school, funded by Pennsylvania taxpayer dollars, that attracts students from a ten-county region in eastern Pennsylvania. Students audition for acceptance into one of seven artistic majors: dance, instrumental music, literary arts, production arts, theatre, visual arts, and vocal music.
Want to learn more about Charter Arts?
We have a variety of options available for prospective students and their families to learn more about our school:
Call the Charter Arts Admissions Office to speak with our Director of Admissions, Ann Marie Squerrini, at 610-868-2971 Ext. 3137 or send an email to email@example.com.
After-school or weekend Tours: If you missed our admissions events but would still like to visit to learn more about Charter Arts, fill out this TOUR REQUEST FORM.
Virtual Admissions Event: “Coffee Talk with the Director of Admissions”- Saturday, January 7th at 9:30 AM. This 45- minute virtual session is designed for prospective students and families to learn about Charter Arts. CONCLUDED
Join us at an Admissions Open House Event– This is a great way to tour the school, learn about our curriculum, learn about our admissions process, and meet faculty and students. Doors open at 5:45 PM for tours, program begins at 6:30 PM. RSVP Required:
- October 26, 2022- CONCLUDED
- November 15, 2022- CONCLUDED
- January 5, 2023 – CONCLUDED
Auditions for the 2023-2024 School Year
Audition dates for the 2023-2024 school year will be held in January/February 2023.
If you are ready to schedule an audition, click on the form below:
Charter Arts is proud to celebrate its nineteenth year as one of the most respected high schools for the arts in the nation.
- Charter Arts was one of only 349 schools in the nation to be named a 2018 National Blue Ribbon School of Excellence by the U.S. Department of Education.
- From 2016-2020 the school earned the Title I Distinguished School designation placing it in the top 5 % of all Title I high schools in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania.
- Recently, Charter Arts was ranked as #1 Best Public High School Teachers in PA (out of 675) and #1 Best Charter High School in Pennsylvania on Niche’s 2023 Best Schools in America Rankings.
Students share their experience:
These videos were filmed in 2019 prior to Covid-19.