St. Luke’s University Health Network is excited about the new partnership with the Lehigh Valley Charter High School for the Arts. St. Luke’s has assembled a team of highly qualified healthcare professionals that work with athletic programs and athletes across the commonwealth and NJ, to set a new standard for comprehensive training and sports medicine services.
St. Luke’s has partnered with Charter Arts to provide athletic training services to the school.
Athletic Trainers (ATs) are health care professionals who collaborate with physicians to provide preventative services, emergency care, clinical diagnosis, therapeutic intervention, and rehabilitation of injuries and medical conditions. Athletic trainers treat a breadth of patients, including but not limited to: professional, college, secondary school and youth athletes, dancers, musicians, and military personnel.
As part of the St. Luke’s University Health Network, your school’s licensed athletic trainer will provide and/ or coordinate the following services:
- Daily rehearsal and performance coverage, injury evaluations, and management of your school’s athletic training program
- Fast track access to the region’s best hospitals (6), emergency rooms (4), and adult level 1 trauma center
- Fast track access to St. Luke’s orthopaedic surgeons
- Fast track access to St. Luke’s Primary Care Sports Medicine physicians
- Fast track access to St. Luke’s cardiologists, neurologist, and other specialists
- Ongoing communication with team physician
- Access to St. Luke’s Sports Concussion Network & Testing Program
- Access to St. Luke’s Saturday Morning Fall Athletic Injury Clinics
- Education and instruction for students/teachers and parent organizations
- Sport-specific instruction and development of pre-season, in-season, and off-season conditioning
- CPR/AED training for teachers
Lehigh Valley Charter High School for the Arts students and their families will have access to a state-of-the-art Sports Medicine Center that includes physician offices, sports physical therapy, and sports performance services. We have a collaborative team of healthcare providers who work with and have an interest in serving the performing artist.
St. Luke’s has formed a multidisciplinary team of healthcare providers that have an interest in working with performing artists. These individuals will work to prevent and treat injuries within the multiple disciplines of art using innovative therapies to help the artist perform at his or her best now and into the future.
Emily Hornyak MS, LAT, ATC: Emily, originally from Pittsburgh, Pa, completed her Masters Degree in Athletic Training at East Stroudsburg University. Her graduate assistantship position was at the Lehigh Valley Charter High School for the Arts. She completed her Bachelors of Science at Slippery Rock in Athletic Training and Exercise Science. Prior to pursing her interest in the medical field, Emily actively participated in her high school drama program where she acted, directed and wrote original one acts. She had the wonderful opportunity to perform one of her original one acts at the Pennsylvania International Thespian Society High School Convention. Emily also danced and was trained in Modern, Ballet and Broadway Styles. Today she continues her creative passions through photography, yoga, and reading any book. She is excited to blend her passion for the arts and the medical field as the athletic trainer at Charter Arts.